Monday, March 13, 2006


This week we traded the bottle for the paci. Many people think I'm crazy giving him a paci after he's never taken one so far. Well, Dr. Lewis told me to get him off the bottle so I picked a day and decided no more bottle. He cried for a very long time starting at naptime - @10am - until I decided I had had enough and went for a car ride in hopes for a nap - @noon. I called my sister and was talking about our no-bottle day and she said - "yeah, Madison didn't take a paci til I took the bottle. We made the big mistake of giving her one then." Hmm. A paci. It didn't sound like a mistake to me! {at least not today!} I just so happen to have one in the console of the jeep - I guess it was supposed to be a give-away that never was. So when we got home I gave it a good scrub and a new love affair was born. He popped that thing right in, I layed him down in his crib with his lovey and music, left the room, and never heard a peep. If I had known that would have happened I would have give him one LONG ago! Our normal nap/bedtime consisted of rocking with a bottle and usually patting for a while after it ran out, meanwhile wondering what Andrew had decided to get into today or wondering if that was the sound of the door opening {and on one occasion it actually was!}. So, the paci, or bink as I like to call it, is offically our friend. You have to admit, he looks adorable with it! It also made the bottle transition a little less sad for me. That milestone forced me to say he's not a baby anymore! The paci lets me see that he still is - even if it's just a little. Thanks bink!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

misty-you may want to check out myspace.com it is very good for websites and blogs and pictures

Anonymous said...

misty you may want to try out myspace.com it is very good for websites and blogs and pictures