Saturday, September 08, 2007

OMGosh. A whole month. No blogging. Bad me! Bad! Ok so let's see. What's up? Umm... the first thing on my mind is that I'm SO ready for help in the wee ones class at church. I had it last week, am filling in for someone tomorrow who couldn't switch so I've got it next week too. Yep, 3 weeks in a row and no church. I've got 2 little kids by myself an I'm just not staying for both services. I don't think it would be good for my patience or sanity.
Ok, so that was boring - what else? Andrew had his first official soccer game today and he actually did pretty good. It was better than practices because he didn't have to constantly focus for a whole hour. They would play 3-4 of them at a time while the rest sat down then switched them out several times. He did much better that way. I can see now that I need to keep that in mind for future school stuff too. I'm a little worried he's going to be ADD or ADHD or whatever. I read this post from Kelli Crowe about her son who has a mild form of Autism and how he didn't fit into the mold. I get that. I think that in the pre-school class he is in now that Mrs. Kirby is able to recognize and cater to that but I'm concerned about the church school next year. I'm still going to go and try it I think but I'm going to keep watch to make sure they're not pushing him too hard to be something he can't be.
Ok next...birthdays. Matt's is Monday and mine is the 29th. He's turning 40! and I'll be 30. I started out planning a party for Matt but due to scheduling conflicts it ended up being ON my birthday. Matt wanted to make it for both of us but I wasn't about to throw my own party. So Mom took over - which was very sweet. I think we're going to do a covered dish thing in the park on Sunday the 30th. I'm anxious for my Scrap in Style Kelli Crowe kit that Mom got for me. Way cool! I'm hoping for a little $$ for some shoes and maybe some October Afternoon stamps. I just discovered these and LOVE them!!! I want SO many of them! Bad news is that they are a new company and I can't find out how to buy them. I'm hoping they'll reply to my email soon.
Very excited for the new season of tv shows to start. SO tired of the junk that's on now.
Well, I have been wanting to teach scrapbooking or be on a design team or something for a while. I just read this and think I may have changed my mind. They were all good tips for someone who wants to scrap for a living but for little ole me who would just like a free kit every month and a little recognition - it seems like some major stuff. I want scrapping to be fun. I'm not good at it when it becomes work. So, I guess I'll be buying my own kit. :-P
I'm ready for fall. It is still SUPER hot and I still don't have air conditioning in my car. Not fun. I really stink tonight after an hour of soccer in the hot sun and driving around with no air. Yuck!
I have 2 other people coming to my scrappy ladies meeting on Tuesday! Maybe more too! I'm having it at Atlanta Bread with no kids. Yummy treats and no kids - who can pass that up!?
I'm working on an album for my Mom's friend Lisa who is leaving the hospital where they work. It's a 7x7 album (I used one of Elsie's square chipboard albums and it was that odd size) and I got 7 pages done at Jenny's tonight! I was thrilled how quick and easy it came together. I'm the type that can make anything hard so when it just fell together I was so happy!
I've did tons of new pages here lately but I'm too lazy to post them here tonight. Check out my new stuff over at Scrap in Style.
I'm very inspired by this. I found it yesterday on ScrapScene. Check out her Etsy too - more examples there. I MUST do one of these! I need to do an album for this lady who adopted at church - maybe I'll do it for her.
Ok, I'm ready for bed. Random verse -

Deut 18-21 Place these words on your hearts. Get them deep inside you. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder. Teach them to your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning until you fall into bed at night. Inscribe them on the doorposts and gates of your cities so that you'll live a long time

No comments: